1. PURPOSE OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
CHANGES TO THE PRIVACY NOTICE AND YOUR DUTY TO INFORM US OF CHANGES
2. THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable living individual.
The information we collect varies depending on whether you would like to purchase an air ticket, subscribe to our newsletter, participate in any online competition we organize or simply browse our website having accepted our cookies policy.
We do not collect or process any sensitive personal data about you. In the case of passengers requiring personalized assistance prior to or during a flight, the information is limited to what is needed to provide assistance during air transport and at the water airports of departure and destination.
The information we collect, use, store and transfer includes:
- Identity Data: name, date of birth, I.D. number,
- Contact Data: telephone number, email address
- Transaction Data: payments made from/to you for the purchase of air tickets and ancillaries.
- Marketing Data: your preferences in receiving marketing material if you opt-in.
- Professional qualifications: information you include in your CV when applying for a vacancy.
3. HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- You give us data concerning your identity, contact details and payment method when you purchase an air ticket and ancillaries. Tickets and ancillaries can be bought online through our website, or by contacting the Call Centre.
- You give us your email address when you subscribe to our newsletter.
- You give us your preferences when you opt-in to receive customized marketing material to have a better website experience.
- You give us personal data regarding your professional qualifications when you submit an online application for a vacancy to the Human Resources department.
- You give us your email, your name, and surname when you enter a competition, or promotion.
You have the right to withdraw consent to receiving marketing material and to unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time. This option is available at every communication we have with you.
4. PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- To carry out our obligations under the air carriage contract we enter into with you and to offer you any ancillaries you have purchased including travel insurance products.
- To process payment of your ticket and ancillaries.
- To inform you of any flight delays or cancellations.
- To send you our newsletter if you are a subscriber.
- To send you marketing material if you have indicated your wish to receive it.
- To assess your suitability as a potential job candidate.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- To comply with the requirements of border control authorities to receive certain passenger information and to respond to the requests of the Passenger Information Units set up in the EU Member States.
5. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
We do not knowingly collect any information from anyone under 16 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 16 years old or older.
If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this website or on or through any of its features / register on the website, make any purchases through the website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number or email address.
If we learn that we have collected or received personal data from a child under 16 (apart from the data for reservation and ticketing purposes), we will delete that information, unless consent is given or authorised by the holder of parental responsibility over the child.
If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16 (apart from the data for reservation and ticketing purposes), please contact us.
6. DATA SECURITY
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who are involved in our performance of the air carriage contract or in the provision of other services to you. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
7. DATA RETENTION
We will retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it. In the event of a complaint or if there is a possibility of a dispute procedure, we will retain your data for a longer period.
Where the data is collected to comply with a legal obligation, the retention period is determined by the applicable regulatory instrument.
8. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
RIGHT OF ACCESS
Under certain circumstances, you have the right to request a copy of any personal data that you have provided us and you may make corrections to such data.
If you wish to exercise your right of access, please contact us.
RIGHT TO OBJECT TO PROCESSING
You have the right to object to processing in regard to certain purposes. However certain information may have to be processed due to compelling legal obligations and rules on safety which govern the aviation industry.